My attempts at astro imaging

Christmas Tree and Cone Nebula


I took this a couple of weeks ago and have been playing about with it in Pixinsight. Eventualy I dicovered that a couple of subs were no good – 1 had trailing (albeit slight) and the other must have had soem high cloud as it was very orange. So, I took them out and restacked and with a bit of messing here is the result – still not completly happy with it, but dont know what I want it to look like, never mind how to do it!

Image Deatils:

3hrs in 15min subs with Altair F4 Newt and QHY8, guided with WO70mm and Meade DSI. Processing done in Pixinsight, with a wee tweak in Photoshop.

As usual I went back and had another play, so I present 2 images below….

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s